正气天地博客网

2008年5月10日星期六

Fong Po Kuan calling for the suspension of National Service programme

Several DAP leaders are calling for the suspension or even the scrapping of the National Service programme.

Batu Gajah MP Fong Po Kuan said she had submitted a notice to table an emergency motion in Parliament following the latest death of another NS trainee.

“There have been many deaths, which goes to prove that the programme is a threat to the safety and health of those taking part.

“One death is already too many,” she told reporters Friday after paying a courtesy call to Perak Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohammad Nizar Jamaluddin at the State Secretariat here.

The latest casualty, 18-year-old Too Hui Min of Geo Kosmo National Service Training Camp in Kuala Kubu Baru, died at the Slim River Hospital on Wednesday at 10.45pm after complaining of constipation.

My comments:

I share the same feelings as Fong. When I read the newspaper today about the above incident, I told myself I wouldn't want my kids to take part in the national service. Just as I was thinking, I overheard my colleague said, " you all better don't send your kid to the national service." It is just unbelievable, when you send your kid there, he or she is alive, and few days later, he or she just died, returning with a dead body." They died at such a young age, just unthinkable.

没有评论:

发表评论