正气天地博客网

2009年9月8日星期二

Personal account of house break-in at Damansara

Personal account of house break-in at Damansara


Written by a friend... (Photos at the end)

Dear All,

People always talk about people knowing people who have had their houses broken into. Well my home in Damansara got broken into yesterday!

I was home alone on sick leave and sleeping when I heard the loud sounds of someone hammering my front door. At first I thought it was my brother who had come back for something he had forgotten since he just left the house about 1-2 minutes ago and I didn't think much about it... only on the second loud thump did I realise something was amiss and got up to see what was going on but it was too late since there were already people in my house.

I heard voices though I could not hear what they said. They were walking up the stairs and I quickly locked my bedroom door and my toilet door. Once they realized my room door was locked, they started to ram down my bedroom door - I believe they still did not know that anyone was in the house at that time - But by this time, I had already opened my window and by the grace of God (I was having flu and sore throat), I started shouting "tolong" "tolong" "help"! It was a miracle my neighbors were still at home, and answered my shouts for help and responded.

When the idiot robbers heard the shouts and heard my neighbors responding, they ran out. My neighbors saw them leaving – the 2 Chinese guys who had entered my house and the driver, a Malay/Indon guy. They got into their new grey Honda Accord with the license plate WRL 1686 (they were probably fake plates!) and sped off.

After they left, I walked through my house and found that nothing was stolen as they did not have time although one of my parents drawers was opened and rifled through. They also took a pillow case in the hopes that they could fill it up with valuables but they discarded that at the front of my door while leaving. We also found a lighted cigarette burning by the side of my door, placed carefully at the edge of the shoe cabinet – can you believe they had time to freaking smoke!

Well, we called the police. They were slow as usual. The four of them didn't come into my house to check if anyone was still inside until we asked them to – idiots! They instead, huddle outside on my front porch taking notes on a tattered green 60 sen notebook. A policeman (the kind that has had too many goring pisang and kuih lapis) even asked me about my dad's fish and where my dad had bought them as he too wanted to buy the “ikan guppy yang berwarna-warni” for his house. (I have read this type of remarks many times before and should like to point out that the actual job of investigation of the crime is left to the I/O (Investigating Officer) after you have made a Polis Report, the patrol car officers are not trained in Crime scene investigating - Robert)

There were no dusting of prints, or taking of photos or collecting evidence like we see on TV. They just asked us to go to the police station to make a report and that was that. After thinking about it, I guess that was all I could expect. After all, who was I? No one famous, not someone with a “name or a pangkat”. I am just another face in the sea of millions.

So, here I am back at work. My doors are being replaced along with security alarms. I wish this didn’t happen but it did and this is my hope for all of you, to go home and to take a look at your homes and at the doors. As you may notice (see photos attached), they didn’t touch the locks. Locks don’t deter them.

They went right for the gates/grills/doors. So make sure your gates/grills/doors are of quality and if you don’t already have an alarm system, perhaps this is the right time to get one. This is one investment that will not let you down. I dread to think of my bedroom door breaking and of my wonderful neighbors not coming to my aid. I doubt I would be here sending this email out but by the grace of God I am here.

So, you know the drill, pass this on.










没有评论:

发表评论